[kde-linux] system-config-printer

Anne Wilson cannewilson at googlemail.com
Mon Mar 2 20:03:06 UTC 2009

On Monday 02 March 2009 19:36:09 Frank K wrote:
> Oowriter is a great word processor in my opinion and I might be willing
> to contribute some effort of my own to adapt it for its use with an
> email tool - Kmail, Thunderbird, Evolution, etc.
> I have no idea how much effort such and adaption might take.

Hmm - I've never used the M$ toolkit, so I don't know how that works.  My
first thought was that writing in OOWriter would be a disaster because it
includes a whole lot of formatting information that would get in the way.
However, I opened a recent letter that I wrote in OOWriter and saved it as a
.txt file, and was surprised how well it coped, so maybe it is possible after
all.  Just how you'd integrate it, I don't know.  If you decide to experiment,
perhaps you could report back, in case others like the idea.