[kde-linux] system-config-printer

Lisi Reisz lisi.reisz at gmail.com
Mon Mar 2 16:04:10 UTC 2009

On Monday 02 March 2009 12:20:59 James Richard Tyrer wrote:
> does anyone here actually use OO?

I have used OOo almost exclusively for the five years I have been using Linux.
My granddaughter (who lives with me in term time) uses Writer and Impress and
I use Writer and Calc.  My husband uses Writer.

I have never had any problem with printing, which is picked up from CUPS.
CUPS picks up printers attached to any computer on the network and offers to
print from them.  It offers this only when the computers are actually on.
The rest of the time it just doesn't show printers connected to the other
computers.

OOo offers me all the printers that are available on CUPS at that moment, and
only the printers that are available on CUPS at that moment.

Lisi