[kde-linux] KuickShow under KDE 4

James Richard Tyrer tyrerj at acm.org
Sat Jun 27 09:59:08 UTC 2009

Rex Dieter wrote:

>> Ah, apologies... ok, found it at
>> stable/4.2.3/src/extragear/kuickshow-0.9.1-kde4.2.3.tar.bz2
>>
>> I'll see about whipping up a fedora pkg.
>
> http://rdieter.fedorapeople.org/rpms/kuickshow/
>
> F-10 scratch build:
> http://koji.fedoraproject.org/koji/taskinfo?taskID=1437701
>
> As this relies on some really old (imo deprecated stuff) like imlib, and by
> extention glib/gtk+, I don't plan in maintaining this or submitting it for
> review myself.  Others are welcome.

Rex:

I discussed this with the developer (Carsten Pfeiffer).  Although the
RPM package for ImLib is dependent on GTK, KuickShow does not use it.
It is possible to build ImLib without GTK ( --without-gtk).  However,
this only seems to work if "gtk-config" doesn't exist.

So, you only have the one old library: "ImLib".  I would suggest static
linking -building against the static ImLib library, except that I tried
it and it doesn't seem to work.  I don't know if this is a CMake issue
or a KuickShow issue.

--
James Tyrer

Linux (mostly) From Scratch