[kde-linux] Running KPDF on KDE4

John Culleton john at wexfordpress.com
Tue Jun 23 15:42:01 UTC 2009

On Monday 22 June 2009 05:33:03 pm Anne Wilson wrote:
> On Monday 22 June 2009 21:53:37 John Culleton wrote:
> > I understand Okular is still a bit buggy, particularly in the
> > print routines.
>
> I've not had any problem printing from Okular.  What have you
> been told is problematic?

Printing multiple copies, printing copies in landscape mode. This
user has a fancy printer that he is trying to control from the
computer, including tray selection etc.

> > Is it OK to copy KPDF over from another partition and
> > provide it with the needed libraries?
>
> If you are going to  try to use it, at least install it properly.
>  Does your distro provide it?
>
> Anne
Slackware through 12.2 provides KDE 3.5, KPDF and XPDF. Slack
current (to be Slack 13 soon) provides KDE4, Okular and XPDF but no
KPDF.   It makes sense to me to drop XPDF and add KPDF but it is
possible that KDE4 won't support KPDF at all.

I have found  ways to compile programs which require Qt4 libs in my
older environment. So KDE4 is less and less attractive to me.
Reminds me a bit of "New Coke." But if that is all that will be
offered with Slack 13 I want to be ready.

--
John Culleton
Create Book Covers with Scribus/e-book $5.95