[kde-linux] Can't get wireless to work

Bruce Bales bbales at cox.net
Fri Jul 31 01:58:18 UTC 2009

Greetings -

Wireless on my laptop with kubuntu 8.04 was not easy.  I had to
sudo iwconfig ath0 essid bbs key (the wep code)  and then
sudo dhclient each time I booted up.

Then I upgraded to kubuntu 9.04 and the iwconfig line no longer works.  The
iwconfig line gives me "ath0 no such device."

Wireless was working long enough to install and update 9.04.

The main page has an icon which says "network management"  Clicking on that
then  "network connection" then "enable wireless"  then "manage connection"
gets me nowhere.

I would greatly appreciate some help on this.

bruce