[kde-linux] kwifimanager crashed

Anne Wilson cannewilson at googlemail.com
Tue Jul 21 17:49:41 UTC 2009

On Tuesday 21 Jul 2009 18:16:48 JD wrote:
> On 07/21/2009 01:06 AM, Anne Wilson wrote:
> > On Tuesday 21 Jul 2009 06:05:02 JD wrote:
> >> Well, many distros such as Mandriva, SUSE,
> >> OpenSUSE, PLD, ATLinux, RHEL, StartCom, WhiteBox
> >> and others include it as part of kdenetwork.
> >
> > Can't answer for the rest, but it certainly isn't included on Mandriva
> > for KDE4.  Yes, there is a KDE3 package.
> >
> > Why are you resisting using the supplied widget?  I did ask you to try it
> > and let us know how it goes.
> >
> > Anne
>
> Which supplied widget? Are you referring to something like wicd ?
> I recall looking for it and could not find it on any fedora distro.

Right-click on the panel - Panel Options > Add Widgets and search for
'network'.  You should get the networkmanager widget.

> Most fedora distros can be accessed via rpm.pbone.net.
> However, I will try your suggestion to use checkinstall.

It can be a big help *if* you have the dependencies.  You may find that it's
near-impossible to build if it depends on older libraries.  Still, at least
then you would know whether it's feasible or not.