[kde-linux] [opensuse-kde] Re: Deleting the Selection

Boyd Stephen Smith Jr. bss at iguanasuicide.net
Fri Jul 10 17:00:55 UTC 2009

In <200907101140.56432.bss at iguanasuicide.net>, Boyd Stephen Smith Jr. wrote:
>In <200907101814.05326.admin at eregion.de>, Mathias Homann wrote:
>>Am Donnerstag 09 Juli 2009 schrieb Boyd Stephen Smith Jr.:

>>start yast, go to software management, search
>>for scim-bridge. it'll show three installed packages. uninstall them.
>>that should fix it.
>
>I fiddled with the SCIM settings a bit and then decided it had caused me
>enough problems and uninstalled everything that came up in a search for
>either "scim" or "uim".
>
>That was before I got your message.  I'm still experiencing the problem,
> but I think I need to restart my DE to see the changes.

I went for a full reboot, just in case.  It resolved the issue on the
openSUSE system.  I'll look for a similar solution on Debian once that
system gets the new hardware it needs.

>>It's a bug in scim-bridge.
>
>Bug #?  Or shall I file one myself?

Since I'm thinking this affects multiple distributions, does anyone know the
proper way to report bugs "upstream" on this package?  (No, I haven't STFW,
yet.)
bss at iguanasuicide.net            	((_/)o o(\_))