[kde-linux] Deleting the Selection

Anne Wilson cannewilson at googlemail.com
Fri Jul 10 19:17:07 UTC 2009

On 07/10/2009 05:06 PM, Boyd Stephen Smith Jr. wrote:
> In<200907101136.32935.cannewilson at googlemail.com>, Anne Wilson wrote:
>> On Wednesday 08 July 2009 23:08:14 Boyd Stephen Smith Jr. wrote:
>>> B. 1. Start konqueror.
>>>     2. Navigate to a page with at least one image.
>>>     3. Right-click an image.
>>>     4. Get ready to look fast again.
>>>     5. Choose "Save Image As..." from the pop-up menu.
>> There is no such option in the right-click menu in my konqueror.  Did you
>> really mean in konqueror?
>
> Yes.  I'm looking at<http://ww.google.com/>  in my konqueror right now.  If
> I right-click the google banner I get a pop-up with 4 sections.  The first
> section has "Open in New Window" and "Open in New Tab".  The second section
> starts with "Bookmark This Link", has 1 other entry, and ends with "Copy
> Link Address".  The third section starts with "Open With>", has 5 entries,
> contains "Save Image As...", has 4 more entries, and ends with "Block Images
>  From www.google.com".
>
> That's on openSUSE 11.1 (as a base).

Ah - so this is konqueror as a browser, now, not as a file manager.  OK
I clicked on the google banner and got the save-as option, with 'search'
autoentered in the name field.  Nothing disappeared.

>> The only thing that I can think of is to wonder whether the keyboard auto-
>> repeat speed is causing your problems.
>
> I can reproduce the error without having a keyboard plugged in.  (Although,
> not right now as I'm using my laptop which has a built-in keyboard.)

OK, at least that's one possibility ruled out.

I still haven't managed to reproduce any of your problems, though.