[kde-linux] KDE4 issues I would like to fix

Anne Wilson cannewilson at googlemail.com
Fri Jul 10 10:09:19 UTC 2009

On Wednesday 08 July 2009 01:35:47 James Richard Tyrer wrote:
> > 3. I like to put app icons on the desktop. The KDE4 versions
> > have a very annoying black tool-bar associated with them. Can
> > I get rid of it somehow?
>
> Not sure exactly what you mean here.

I think he means the widget toolbox.  Jim - if you right-click on the desktop
then Lock Widgets you will not see those bars again.  You will need to unlock
them by the same mechanism if you need to re-size, move, or re-configure a
widget.

As a matter of interest, how did you search for this in UserBase?  It's
sometimes hard to know the best place to put hints and tips like that to make
them most accessible.