[kde-linux] What is: KSSLSettings

Duncan 1i5t5.duncan at cox.net
Tue Jul 7 11:21:00 UTC 2009

Muhammad Bayu <rametux at gmail.com> posted
ded0b6a10903100810k76c3571by37d96f9f9168deae at mail.gmail.com, excerpted
below, on  Tue, 10 Mar 2009 22:10:26 +0700:

> On Tue, Mar 10, 2009 at 12:57 PM, James Richard Tyrer <tyrerj at acm.org>
> wrote:
>> Trying to build webkitkde in playground and:
>>
>> /usr/SVN/trunk/playground/libs/webkitkde/kdenetwork/
knetworkreply.cpp:29:24:
>> error: KSSLSettings: No such file or directory
>>
>> AFAIK, there is no file KSSLSettings.  Not on my system and not
>> anywhere.  Google finds nothing.
>
> Wow, exactly as I'm experiencing right now. Google got me nothing.
> Anybody has a clue about this?
> FYI, I use arch linux.

ksslsettings, particularly as it's in kdenetwork, is pretty self-
evidently the config checking module for SSL, secure socket layer, also
known as the technology that lets you fetch you encrypted web pages, aka
https:// URLs.

To fix it, I don't know, but that's what it is.  Hopefully you've fixed
it by now, some four months later, but just in case someone else ends up
finding this archived somewhere while googling or something.