[kde-linux] Use of KUser

Boyd Stephen Smith Jr. bss at iguanasuicide.net
Mon Jul 6 15:13:40 UTC 2009

In <200907061221.42674.steve.smoult at laposte.net>, Steve Smoult wrote:
>When I go to KUser and edit user and then the groups tab I see lots of
> boxes to check or uncheck, including adm, apache, audio, bin etc.  But I
> cannot find any info on what the more obscure ones refer to or even what
> the more obvious ones mean in this context.

Those are the available groups on the system.  Last I checked, KDE does not
create any groups, so all of those would be created by other software in
your distribution.  If you'd like to know what they are check your
distribution's documentation or support avenues.
bss at iguanasuicide.net            	((_/)o o(\_))