[kde-linux] kde4 : Standard kde application menu with a click on the background screen

christophe christophe.dr at free.fr
Sat Jan 3 21:09:37 UTC 2009

Simple question.
I've trying kde4 with kubuntu, mandriva and opensuse and i can't find back
this essential feature :
the ability to have the standard kde application menu appearing next to the
mouse pointer, like a context menu, with a simple click on the background
menu.
I have this feature with kde3 and i use it every time. I'm certainly not th
only one in that case. I cannot imagine using kde without this basic feature.
I think the lack of this feature would definetely make my passing to kde4 as
late as possible.
I've been asking this question in the forums of all the distributions i've
tested with kde4.1, but no answers.
I'd very grateful for your answer.

--
christophe