[kde-linux] akregator & firefox

Kevin Krammer kevin.krammer at gmx.at
Fri Feb 27 08:32:34 UTC 2009

On Thursday 26 February 2009, paul s wrote:
> thank you Kevin!

You're welcome :)

> great explanation too, i really appreciate you taking the time to step
> through the process... going through it in the terminal i was able to
> understand what was available for each process that is running...
> fantastic!

Thanks!
I should probably document that somewhere, KDE TechBase or UserBase maybe.

> attached is a little script that i point firefox to when clicking that
> rss icon in the location bar...

Nice.

An alternative to the pid check could be to check the return value of qdbus
with just the well known name, i.e.

qdbus org.kde.akregator

This would also detect Akregator as running if it is running as a Kontact
component.

Cheers,
Kevin

KDE user support, developer mentoring