[kde-linux] System -> Printing doesn't work.

Dale rdalek1967 at gmail.com
Sat Feb 21 18:34:20 UTC 2009

Boyd Stephen Smith Jr. wrote:
> On Saturday 21 February 2009 02:57:13 James Richard Tyrer wrote:
>
>> When I start: "System -> Printing" the dialog opens with the options
>> grayed out.
>>

> I don't have this dialog at all, or couldn't find it from your description.
>
> Debian 5.0 + KDE 4.2 from Debian experimental.

On my system, which is the old KDE 3, printers is under the little
wrench and Peripherals.  I don't have KDE 4 installed at the moment
tho.  You can right click the K menu and select the old menu style if
that helps you find things easier.  I think people need to understand
that KDE 4 is a work in progress.  While it installs and runs, it
shouldn't really be a main desktop just yet.  Also we need to understand
that even KDE knows it is not really stable yet.  It's still being
tested and they are fixing problems and adding features as we type.

Gentoo Linux with KDE 3 but recently tested KDE 4.

Dale

:-)  :-)