[kde-linux] Knetworkmanager doesn't connect with fixed ip auto conexion

Kevin Krammer kevin.krammer at gmx.at
Sat Feb 14 11:06:15 UTC 2009

On Saturday 14 February 2009, christophe wrote:

> Thanks a lot guy for trying to answer my problem. I see that the solutions
> seems to be hidden somewhere in some script. I regret that knetworkmanager
> doesn't have the supposed behaviour.

The newest version of NetworkManager, 0.7, can handle statically configured
networks as well, AFAIK.

The KDE UI for 4.2 didn't make it into kdenetwork in time for release, however
it is expected that distributions ship it packaged like something from
extragear.

SUSE has also been working on a KDE 3 based GUI for that NM version, not sure
what its status is though.

Cheers,
Kevin

KDE user support, developer mentoring