[kde-linux] Why is it so difficult to disable a screensaver?

James Loughner jwrl at suddenlink.net
Thu Feb 5 21:15:58 UTC 2009

I have seen this too (kernel screen blanker) and would love to know
where to turn this off globally. using setterm only turns it off  in the
current instance of term.

It effects me mostly if I position the mouse at one of the corner
(suspending KDE screen saver [I hae that configured]) so I can watch a
long video/movie. If no mouse activity the screen banks after about 10
minutes.

Oddly enough this does not happen if the KDE Screen saver is active or I
happen to have a VMWare Server instance on the current screen.

Running Suse 10.2

Jim