[kde-linux] In KDE4, to set a different background for each of the multiple desktops

Dale rdalek1967 at gmail.com
Fri Dec 25 17:03:21 UTC 2009

Werner Joss wrote:
> Am Friday 25 December 2009 07:40:22 schrieb Duncan:
>
>> Unfortunately, the support for kde3 dropped before kde4 was
>> ready to replace it
>>

> well, that's your opinion.
> for me, kde4 _is_ now (from 4.3.x on) a viable replacement, except some not-
> yet-ported (or not mature) applications (quanta, koffice), but one can still
> run their kde3 versions in kde4 without major trouble.
>
> werner

And that is YOUR opinion.  It doesn't change the fact that KDE4 is not
ready for a lot of others here.  Thing is, I know for a fact that KDE4
is not ready for me.  It's not a opinion, it's a known fact and proven
one.  I have KDE4 installed and it doesn't do all the things I need a DM
to do, yet anyway.  KDE3 does tho.

Dale

:-)  :-)