[kde-linux] In KDE4, to set a different background for each of the multiple desktops

Bruce MacArthur bmacasuru at fastmail.us
Fri Dec 25 06:26:27 UTC 2009

On Thursday 24 December 2009 02:02:36 am Joe(theWordy)Philbrook wrote:
<snip>
I was also frustrated by the fact that much of kde3 could be configured
without even touching the durned rodent.  (I'm a keyboard man who has
difficulty making the mouse point at the right spot long enough to click
on the right thing) ...
<more snip>
> --
> |   ---   ___
> |   <0>   <->	   Joe (theWordy) Philbrook
> |	^		J(tWdy)P
> |    ~\___/~	     <<jtwdyp at ttlc.net>>

Hello, Joe --

I have had the same problem, especially with "certain" mice.  I have
largely (but NT completely!) escaped the problem -- by using a "pen and
tablet" product.  I still need a mouse for things on the desktop (but
NOT if they are on the taskbar!), but the pen and tablet make a
STUNNING difference for me!!!  My product is called "Bamboo", and the
connection is USB, but just about any similar product "ought to" work
for you.

Bruce   Mac Arthur
     bmacasuru at fastmail.us