[kde-linux] In KDE4, to set a different background for each of the multiple desktops

James Loughner jwrl at suddenlink.net
Wed Dec 23 21:20:39 UTC 2009

First off nothing in computers is intuitive. We all had to learn it at
some time. Remember the start button that shut the computer down. LOL
Really, right clicking on the desktop is not in any way intuitive you
have to learn that.

For me I held out on even trying KDE 4 until Suse 11.2 was released. I
only relented because there was no longer any support for 10.2 and KDE
3.5 which is what I was running. After less then a month of use I'd
never go back to KDE 3.5. Suse 11.2 seems rock solid on my hardware and
runs at least 30% faster and boots 4 times faster. Though  I did not set
up 11.2 the same as I did  10.2 I see no reason I could not do so. But I
decided to use the new features to improve the way I worked instead of
doing it the same old way. I'm very happy so far. And yes it took a bit
of time and effort and experimentation to get things the way I wanted
but it took that to get 3.5 the way I wanted it too when I moved from
Windows.

Nobody is stopping you from staying with 3.5, infact I think the  Suse
Enterprise 10.0 distro is supported out until 2017 of course you get
nothing new but they will fix the bugs and you do have to pay. Or maybe
all the 3.5 lovers can get together and pay some group or company to
support 3.5 forever or at least as long as you are willing to pay for it.

Jim