[kde-linux] In KDE4, to set a different background for each of the multiple desktops

Felix Miata mrmazda at earthlink.net
Wed Dec 23 20:25:16 UTC 2009

On 2009/12/23 14:45 (GMT-0500) James Loughner composed:

> Stan Goodman wrote:

>> Right you are. I will continue to examine that facility, which I currently
>> regard as useless FOR ME.

> LOL It is useless to you because you have not yet seen the light.

As many won't, since it's hidden in an unintuitive maze.

> After all who needs microwave ovens or cell phones??

If you want the healthiest possible cooked food, you don't cook it in a
microwave oven.

There is no cell service where I live, while where I live has everything else
I need. Plus, I prefer wires, so that less radiated energy has an opportunity
to invade my body uninvited.

KDE3 was, and remains, to many, the 2nd best desktop environment, trailing
only IBM's WPS. Calling KDE4 KDE at all, at least through the latest GM
release, is little short of an abomination to a _lot_ of experienced KDE3 users.

It's hard to believe the amount of mailing list traffic just this one single
subject has generated across the panoply of KDE4 incarnations in the popular
distros including it in place of KDE3.
--
"   We have no government armed with power capable of
contending with human passions unbridled by morality and

 Team OS/2 ** Reg. Linux User #211409

Felix Miata  ***  http://fm.no-ip.com/