[kde-linux] In KDE4, to set a different background for each of the multiple desktops

Stan Goodman stan.goodman at hashkedim.com
Wed Dec 23 20:22:32 UTC 2009

At 21:45:14 on Wednesday Wednesday 23 December 2009, James Loughner
<jwrl at suddenlink.net> wrote:
> On 12/23/2009 01:09 PM, Stan Goodman wrote:
> > Right you are. I will continue to examine that facility, which I
> > currently regard as useless FOR ME.
>
> LOL It is useless to you because you have not yet seen the light.

Or maybe it is actually of no value to me. What happened to different
people operating differently and modeling their reality differently?

> After all who needs microwave ovens or cell phones??

I need a microwave oven, because it is the easiest and least demanding way
for a man living along (widower) to feed himself properly. It saves me an
important amount of time and effort.

I do not need a cellphone, and don't have one, because there is literally
nothing I would need to transmit to another person that won't wait until
I get home or find a public telephone. In fact that statement is probably
true of 80% of the owners of cellphones. Years ago, the same people who
walk about with the cellphone permanently held to their ear used to walk
about with what was called a "ghetto blaster" to their ear, playing
bad "music", but you never see anybody anymore with a "ghetto blaster".
That might tell you something. Or maybe not.

The point (which I used to think was obvious) is that different people
have different needs and different ways of solving their problems. The
KDE4 team, on the other hand, seems to agree with you that all are
created not only equal, but even identical.

--
Stan Goodman
Qiryat Tiv'on