[kde-linux] Clues on controlling the panel in KDE 4.4

Jim Philips briarpatch.jim at gmail.com
Sat Dec 19 14:32:13 UTC 2009

I'm using beta 1 on Kubuntu Karmic. I can display the control bar for
changing the panel, but it's extremely quirky. I can get the star cursor to
appear over the system tray or any other widget in the panel, but it won't
move the widget at all.

Also, if anyone has an explanation of "desktop activity" in 4.4, I would be
glad to hear it. I have no idea how a user is supposed to switch between
activities. I know it's a beta release, but it's extremely rough around the
edges and the new features are not at all intuitive.