[kde-linux] KDE-4.3.2 settings - Regional & Language

Dr. Edgar Alwers edgaralwers at gmx.de
Mon Dec 14 14:53:03 UTC 2009

Hallo,

we have at home two KDE-4.3.2 installations ( Linux from Scratch ), one on a
PC, one on an Laptop. As we need to configure the money settings ( decimal
symbol, thousends separator ) for kmymoney, we try to do this under settings -
> Regional & Language.

It happens, that in the Laptop this makes no problems. For the PC however, the
attempt to open "Regional & Language" ends allways with a crash. Crashhandler
says "Executable: systemsettings PID: 4673 Signal: 6 (Aborted)" and nothing
more.

I would think, that I did the same installation on both machines, but perhaps
somebody can point me to what I could do or try in order to access this coin
of the settings menu ? google did not help.

Thanks in advance,
Edgar