[kde-linux] upgrading to KDE 4.2.4

Anne Wilson cannewilson at googlemail.com
Fri Dec 4 19:16:23 UTC 2009

On Friday 04 December 2009 13:38:19 Gmail wrote:
> > Better still, back up the whole of your /home/you directory to a usb
> >  pen-drive if at all possible.  If you have space to spare, back up /etc
> > as well.
> >
> > Anne
> >

> A thing to wish for would be that KDE apps had a better separation of
> data/documents a user creates and other support files.
> Then it had been easy to just have data in a separate partition that could
>  be  mounted in different systems and used by different applications. As
>  standard not with manual work as now.
> Now we have all data in a /local and own apps/script in /usr/local. Always
> there whatever system we install or boot.

I'm sorry - you have totally lost me.  /home/you contains your personal
settings and data.  That's all.  And none of your data is elsewhere unless you
have very deliberately caused it to be so .  How you come to have data
scattered around your system is a puzzle that only you can answer.

KDE Community Working Group