[kde-linux] kwin - X - opengl

Duncan 1i5t5.duncan at cox.net
Fri Dec 4 00:47:42 UTC 2009

Rajat Rajput posted on Thu, 03 Dec 2009 19:07:59 +0530 as excerpted:

[due to a bug in my client, the quote isn't showing up]

Those are very interesting observations.  I'm on the Radeon driver here,
and don't run servant-ware (see the sig), so no MSWormOS for me, but it's
an interesting question.  I'd love to know the answer, too.

Meanwhile, have you considered the possibility that something else is
clamping the FPS on the MS side?  It could be as simple as them clamping
the FPS without effects enabled to the same value as with them enabled,
for consistency.  Or it could be some other bottleneck unrelated to the
effects, that's clamping FPS.

Just thoughts I had.  I've not the foggiest whether they're correct, and
given that it's black-box code, it's not like it's easy to look... even
for someone that would understand the code if he saw it.