[kde-linux] Thought in desperation

Esben Mose Hansen kde at mosehansen.dk
Wed Dec 2 12:58:08 UTC 2009

On Wednesday 02 December 2009 12:39:02 Gmail wrote:
> So do we have a new generation of people working and the old one have
>  quited? Even the good English from KDE 3.5 are changed to, well I don't
>  know. New standard seems also to be advocated. What is Mib and kib?

It is what some people /mean/ with kb and Mb, or whatever variant they use.
kib=1024 bytes, Mib = 1024 kib = 1048576 bytes. From school you might know
that kb is 1000 bytes, and Mb= 1000000 bytes. The new prefixes are meant to end
that confusion, which is getting more and more important with bigger
capacities (Gib = 1073741824 bytes or 7% bigger than Gb, Tib = 1099511627776
or 10% bigger than a Tb).

As for the rest: You need to ask specifics. Some of your email I cannot
understand ("You only get quicker to a hang up"), and some are just non-
sensical "Some things are really good but a lot of useless eye candy spoils
everything." --- huh? How can eye candy (that you can turn off, too) spoil
anything? Eye candy is suppose to be unobtrusive at worst, and help at best.
So if some eye candy is not, the devs would likely want to hear about it.

And so on and so forth.

--
kind regards, Esben