[kde-linux] Unpopulated Control-Center window

Dale rdalek1967 at gmail.com
Tue Dec 1 09:07:03 UTC 2009

Stan Goodman wrote:
> My conclusion from your detailed explanation above is that trying to
> retain KDE3 on an OS that wants to install only KDE4 is more trouble than
> it is worth. When I reinstall the oS v11.2, it will almost surely be with
> GNOME; I do not like KDE4, which is anyway unusable for me because
> the "new and better" text module has a serious flaw with right-to-left
> languages (Hebrew and Arabic). No doubt KDE will get around to fixing it,
> but meantime I wouldn't have a usable system. But I confess that I didn't
> like KDE4 before I discovered this, and I regard having been pushed into
> KDE4 as a diktat of a kind which I would have attributed only to
> Microsoft.

You are not alone.  I'm not ready for KDE 4 either, or it is not ready
for me yet.  Anyway, finding a distro that still has KDE 3.5 will be
fun.  I downloaded a Madriva DVD but have not had the chance to install
it yet to see what is included on it.  Would you be interested in
Mandriva at least until KDE 4 got fixed where it was usable?  I could
install and at least see if the basics worked or not.

Dale

:-)  :-)