[kde-linux] [SOLVED] Re: okular weirdness

James Richard Tyrer tyrerj at acm.org
Wed Aug 26 19:04:43 UTC 2009

paul s wrote:
<SNIP>
>> In systemsettings, look and feel, appearance, fonts, at the bottom,
>> there's a checkbox, Force fonts DPI.  You may wish to try that.
>> Depending on the setting (96 or 120 DPI), it'll make your fonts larger or
>
> that fixed it, changed it to 96dpi... w00t!!

Nice that you got it fixed -- or at least a workaround.  However, I
still think that this is a bug and you should probably report it.
Problem is that I am not sure that it is a KDE bug.  With current
hardware and software, KDE should find the DPI and you shouldn't have to
tell it what to use unless you want something other than the actual DPI.
  The question is where the chain is being broken.  So, I would report a
KDE bug and let a developer figure it out.

You can check what X is using for DPI with:

	xdpyinfo |grep resolution

You might want to turn off the forced DPI and see what that says.

I note that it is also possible that setting the DPI with [for example
for a dpi of 100]] :

	xrandr --dpi 100

in your: /etc/xprofile" script/file would also work if 96 or 120 DPI are
not what you need.  This script will only take effect when you restart
the X session but you can run the same command in a Konsole and it will
change the running X session's DPI.

--
James Tyrer

Linux (mostly) From Scratch