[kde-linux] 20090825KL -- Putting A File On The Desktop

Anoop anoop.chargotra at gmail.com
Wed Aug 26 08:30:40 UTC 2009

On Wed, Aug 26, 2009 at 1:30 PM, Bruce MacArthur<bmacasuru at fastmail.us> wrote:
> On Wednesday 26 August 2009 02:41:27 am Anne Wilson wrote:
>> On Wednesday 26 August 2009 08:28:34 Bruce MacArthur wrote:
>> > When I right-click on the Desktop, there is no such thing as a
> "Desktop
>> > Settings" option -- and it does not seem to simply have a different
> name!
>> > I think that you are correct to guess that it is not implemented in
> KDE
>> > 4.2.2.  However, I sincerely appreciate your alternative suggestion
> that
>> > might well have worked -- THANK YOU!!!
>>
>> Bruce, it definitely was there in 4.2.2.  It's usually the bottom item
> on the
>> right-click menu, and yes, the name could be different but it should be
>> recognisable.
>>
>> Anne
>> --
>> New to KDE4? - get help from http://userbase.kde.org
>> Just found a cool new feature?  Add it to UserBase
>>

> Hello, Anne  and Farhad --
>
> It shows up as "Appearance Settings" -- and works very nicely!  THANK
> YOU!!!
>
> Now I have one question.  There are several items put on the desktop
> that I don't really need on the Desktop; can I "Delete" them, as
> represented by icons on the Desktop withOUT deleting the files
> themselves?  If the answer is "No," is there another way to produce a
> similar result?
In KDE-4.3, the folder view plasmoid has a filter option which can do
the trick. But I am not sure about KDE-4.2.2. Can you check settings
of folder view and see if it gives a filer tab? If its not there then
you have to move your unnecessary files from the desktop folder to
show up the content which you want. Deleting from folder view will
delete the files (which is normal).

Thanks,
Anoop