[kde-linux] 20090825KL -- Putting A File On The Desktop

Bruce MacArthur bmacasuru at fastmail.us
Wed Aug 26 08:00:54 UTC 2009

On Wednesday 26 August 2009 02:41:27 am Anne Wilson wrote:
> On Wednesday 26 August 2009 08:28:34 Bruce MacArthur wrote:
> > When I right-click on the Desktop, there is no such thing as a
"Desktop
> > Settings" option -- and it does not seem to simply have a different
name!
> > I think that you are correct to guess that it is not implemented in
KDE
> > 4.2.2.  However, I sincerely appreciate your alternative suggestion
that
> > might well have worked -- THANK YOU!!!
>
> Bruce, it definitely was there in 4.2.2.  It's usually the bottom item
on the
> right-click menu, and yes, the name could be different but it should be
> recognisable.
>
> Anne
> --
> Just found a cool new feature?  Add it to UserBase

Hello, Anne  and Farhad --

It shows up as "Appearance Settings" -- and works very nicely!  THANK
YOU!!!

Now I have one question.  There are several items put on the desktop
that I don't really need on the Desktop; can I "Delete" them, as
represented by icons on the Desktop withOUT deleting the files
themselves?  If the answer is "No," is there another way to produce a
similar result?

I REALLY APPRECIATE all the outstanding instruction I am receiving on
this matter -- my most sincere THANKS to one and ALL!!!!!

Bruce   Mac Arthur