[kde-linux] Automount isn't respecting hal settings

Duncan 1i5t5.duncan at cox.net
Thu Aug 6 05:05:59 UTC 2009

Denis A. AltoƩ Falqueto <denisfalqueto at gmail.com> posted
ab955ef30908051153r32410590v81ef1950d261d185 at mail.gmail.com, excerpted
below, on  Wed, 05 Aug 2009 15:53:37 -0300:

> I'm using Arch Linux with KDE 4.3 and I'm enjoying it very much (thanks
> devs ;)).
>
> But there's an issue that I would like to solve. I don't know if its a
> bug or if I'm doing something wrong. When I mount a usb drive, the mount
> options used are not matching the ones specified by the hal
> configuration files. My hal version is 0.5.13. In the file
> /usr/share/hal/fdi/policy/10osvender/20-storage-methods.fdi, there's a
> configuration saying that for vfat filesystems should be used the flush
> option (line 191), so that it doesn't cache too much of the data,
> dalaying the proccess of unmounting the device.

There was discussion of a kde-4.3-rc bug involving hal, but as I had just
switched from 3.5.10 to 4.2.4 and am still "settling in" to kde4, I
didn't try the rcs so didn't pay too much attention to that bug.  I'm
about to upgrade to 4.3 now, but haven't yet, so can't confirm anything
on 4.3 release yet, either (maybe someone else can).

But I know there was something hal and kde 4.3-rc related, so check the
list archives for both this and the kde general list.  Maybe it's the
same bug.