[kde-linux] Automount isn't respecting hal settings

Denis A. AltoƩ Falqueto denisfalqueto at gmail.com
Wed Aug 5 18:53:37 UTC 2009

Hello, folks.

I'm using Arch Linux with KDE 4.3 and I'm enjoying it very much
(thanks devs ;)).

But there's an issue that I would like to solve. I don't know if its a
bug or if I'm doing something wrong. When I mount a usb drive, the
mount options used are not matching the ones specified by the hal
configuration files. My hal version is 0.5.13. In the file
/usr/share/hal/fdi/policy/10osvender/20-storage-methods.fdi, there's a
configuration saying that for vfat filesystems should be used the
flush option (line 191), so that it doesn't cache too much of the
data, dalaying the proccess of unmounting the device.

I've tried to search for the solution, but google didn't return
nothing usefull. Should I open a bug report or is there another way to
solve that?

Thanks.