[kde-linux] "SOLID" is broken

Rajat Rajput rajput_rajat at yahoo.com
Sun Aug 2 09:25:42 UTC 2009

Hello,

On my laptop "solid" is not working anymore. :(
I am running "KDE 4.3.62 (KDE 4.3.62 (KDE 4.4 >= 20090728))" right now.

Actually two weeks ago everything was running smoothly and after one svn update "shutdown/Restart/Log out" buttons from menu even "Power button" stopped working,
so I compiled HAL and DBUS from the source myself.
since then, "solid" is broken.
Everytime, at the login "kded4" and "knetworkmanager" crash upon me.

I am not sure which among HAL / DBUS / SOLID is main culprit. :|

Here are outputs for some commands (i think will help to findout what exactly is wrong):
rajat at BLueMooN:~$ lshal
error: dbus_bus_get: org.freedesktop.DBus.Error.FileNotFound: Failed to connect to socket /home/rajat/kde/var/run/dbus/system_bus_socket: No such file or directory
rajat at BLueMooN:~$ hal-device
error: dbus_bus_get: org.freedesktop.DBus.Error.FileNotFound: Failed to connect to socket /home/rajat/kde/var/run/dbus/system_bus_socket: No such file or directory
rajat at BLueMooN:~$ qdbus org.freedesktop.PowerManagement /kded org.kde.kded.reconfigure
Error: org.freedesktop.DBus.Error.NoReply
Message did not receive a reply (timeout by message bus)
rajat at BLueMooN:~$

Please find the crash reports and .xsession-errors files attached as well.
One more thing,  I have these problems only on  this user-account, the other account (with distro provided kde packages - kde 4.3 beta 2) is running fine.

Thanks in advance,
Rajat.
http://notoveryet.wordpress.com

      See the Web's breaking stories, chosen by people like you. Check out Yahoo! Buzz. http://in.buzz.yahoo.com/