[kde-linux] Problem with PackageManager (PackageKit?)

jim jimtrish at att.net
Sun Aug 2 00:58:34 UTC 2009

On Wed, 29 Jul 2009 16:58:58 -0700 JD wrote:
>In that case you are really on your own (relatively).
>Packagekit is kind of new as compared with yum.
>I do all my update work with yum and do not run packagekitd,
>nor do I use the packagekit cli interface.
>I suggest you subscribe to fedora-list at redhat.com via
>Cheers,
>JD

As far as I know, packagekit appears to be running on its own.
I did not request it or start it.

In the past, (KDE 3) I also only used yum for updates.

Apparently pakagekit is some new default update ap for KDE 4 ?

I would like to get rid of it or at least shut it down. If it was a cron job
or a system service, that might be easy, but I dont know what starts it
up when I log in.

Thanks,
Jim