[kde-linux] 20090429KL -- Dealing With An ISO Image

Werner Joss werner at hoernerfranzracing.de
Wed Apr 29 19:50:40 UTC 2009

Am Wednesday 29 April 2009 21:35:12 schrieb Bruce MacArthur:
> I notice that there is a suggestion to use ext2 for SuperGRUB and ext3
> for all other files; that IS "interesting" to consider -- and, I
> suspect, very wise if the full OS is going to be operational on the
> thumb-drive itself.

I don't think it will make any difference if using ext2 or ext3 here,
most important is the stick is bootable and has installed anything bootable
(e.g. the bootloader) in the MBR, then, of course, the kernel itself etc...
there are also other possibilities than described in the beforementioned
advice, just google for 'usb boot image dd iso' or thelike.

good luck.

werner