[kde-linux] insstalling downloads

Matthew A Coulliette matthewgkx at cox.net
Wed Apr 29 06:33:46 UTC 2009

Shannan,

Not a problem.  We were all newbies at some point in our past. I need a
little more information to help you properly. Do you want to install a
distribution? Examples of distributions are Ubuntu, Suse, Red Hat, etc.
Personally, I use the Ubuntu family of distributions.  If you want to
run kde I would recommend Suse or Kubuntu.

If you download a distribution to a computer. You can burn the .iso
image onto a cdrom and then use that to install the new Operating System
onto your computer.  The ubuntu family cds are also live cds; so you can
try them in your computer without install the new OS.  If you choose do
install the new OS it will over write your existing OS.  There is a way
to do a dual boot system; this would allow you to have 2 OS's on your
computer but it is harder to setup.

Post again if you have more questions. You can email me directly,
however, I do not check my email very often.
MatthewMPP