[kde-linux] Wayward Konquerors

Nathan nathan at paysonlinux.org
Wed Sep 24 16:25:57 UTC 2008

On Wednesday 24 September 2008 08:14:09 Stefano Crocco wrote:
> Have a look at the performance page on the konqueror settings dialog. It
> contains some options which allow to keep preloaded some instances of
> konqueror, so that the next time it starts, it do so more quickly. If you
> don't want that behaviour, uncheck the two check boxes and set the
maximum
> number of instances to keep preloaded to 0.
>
> As for restoring the sessions, this happens when konqueror crashes. When
it
> happens, the adress of pages you're viewing, are stored so that you don't
> have to manually reopen them when you restart konqueror after the crash.

I do not believe this is a good solution. I should not have to sacrifice the
performance of the system because Konqueror does not shutdown properly. I
tend to blame it on the nspluginviewer as many many times I have closed
konqueror and the nspluginviewer is still running and sucking up 25% or so of
my cpu. If I leave it it will run forever. If I kill it, konqueror crashes.
Regardless, whenever I reboot or shutdown and come back to KDE upon login I
am presented with the session crash dialog asking me to reload the previous
instance or ignore. Rather than continue to deal with this all the time, I
just clicked the do not ask me again.
I don't mind it remembering my crashed session, but I tend not to like any of
my web history stored anywhere, and to me, this is a security breach!

I searched for a bug thread about this but I could not find one.

nathan