[kde-linux] Can't read keyboard after 4.1.1 update

Anne Wilson cannewilson at googlemail.com
Sat Sep 20 15:09:53 UTC 2008

On Saturday 20 September 2008 15:43, Paul Kaplan wrote:
> If the upgrade was just for kde and not the kernel or X, try renaming
> ~/.kde4 and then letting the system reinstalling the directory when kde
> starts up.
>
> You might also try to rebuild xorg.conf
> Paul

Thanks, Jim and Paul.  In fact I didn't have an xorg.conf - Fedora instructed
us to remove it, some time back.  Being always cautious I had renamed it,
rather than removing it.  After reading what both of you said, I copied it to
xorg.conf, logged out and back in - and the keyboard is being read!

Wonderful.

Thanks