[kde-linux] compiling KDE from source

KW Armstrong solidbusiness at yahoo.com
Thu Sep 18 07:39:00 UTC 2008

Hello,

I was wondering if anyone had any luck compiling either KDE 3.5 or KDE 4.1
because I get errors in both.

This is my error in KDE 3.5

checking for Qt... configure: error: Qt (>= Qt 3.3 and < 4.0) (library qt-mt)
not found. Please check your installation!
For more details about this problem, look at the end of config.log.
Make sure that you have compiled Qt with thread support!

This is one of the errors from one of the packages from KDE 4.1.1

make: *** No targets specified and no makefile found.  Stop.

In a perfect world, I would rather run KDE 3.5 but I'm not sure if my problem
there is KDE 3.5 not being able to use qt4.

TIA-

KW