[kde-linux] K3B won't burn right?

david gnome at hawaii.rr.com
Mon Sep 15 02:47:05 UTC 2008

Anne Wilson wrote:
> On Sunday 14 September 2008 04:07:40 david wrote:
>> My laptop's burner has decided to go out, so I'm going to try to
>> cannibalize the burner from my wife's old laptop and see if that works
>> better. I don't believe we ever burned a CD on her laptop!
>
> Might be an idea to burn one from her laptop first.  It's always wise to know
> whether the hardware actually works before moving it :-)
>
> Anne

Good idea - especially with laptops! Testing right now ... well, it
burned and verified a straight data CD. Will try now with an ISO.

FWIW, it's the same make/model DVD/CDRW drive as my laptop, so I expect
it will also need to have "Do not eject media" set in order to verify ...

--
David
gnome at hawaii.rr.com
authenticity, honesty, community