[kde-linux] K3B won't burn right?

Gaffer. derrick_s at tesco.net
Sun Sep 14 16:56:14 UTC 2008

Hi Guys,

On Sunday 14 September 2008 11:15, Anne Wilson wrote:
> On Sunday 14 September 2008 04:07:40 david wrote:
> > My laptop's burner has decided to go out, so I'm going to try to
> > cannibalize the burner from my wife's old laptop and see if that
> > works better. I don't believe we ever burned a CD on her laptop!
>
> Might be an idea to burn one from her laptop first.  It's always
> wise to know whether the hardware actually works before moving it
> :-)
>
> Anne

I see a lot of laptops with defective CD drives !  Both new and old
ones.  Last week I had a client with a Sony VAIO laptop that would
read anything, even burn a DL DVD !  But it wouldn't burn a plain old
700 Mb CD.  It went through the motions, right upto ejecting the
disc !  But no burn......!

So I agree with Anne...  Test it first.

--
Best Regards: