[kde-linux] One keyboard, multiple Linux/Windows machines.

david gnome at hawaii.rr.com
Wed Sep 3 08:35:06 UTC 2008

Óscar Fuentes wrote:
> Dominik Schulz <lkml at ds.gauner.org> writes:
>
>> Am Montag, 1. September 2008 20:12:14 schrieb Óscar Fuentes:
>>
>>> I wonder if there exists something similar for Linux/KDE, so I can type
>>> on all machines with a single keyboard. `synergy' (
>>> http://synergy2.sourceforge.net/ ) would be perfect, but it is very
>>> buggy.
>> I've been using synergy for a long time to combine Linux and Windows
>> XP and it only crashed once or twice, so I think its pretty stable. So
>> that sounds strange to me ...
>
> No crashes, but stuck modifier keys is the problem, plus difficulties
> with international chars. Maybe it is related to my setup (a mix of
> spanish and US keyboards).

Hmm, I don't use Synergy at all. I do use a laptop with an external USB
keyboard. And find stick modifier keys (particularly the Ctrl key)
often. Plus sometimes keys will repeat when only pressed once.

I'm beginning to not trust USB for keyboard connections. The AT/PS/2
keyboard connection wasn't shared, so the keyboard stayed "connected"
all the time. But with the USB bus, the keyboard has to allow other
devices to connect and do their business - and I wonder sometimes if
things don't get messed up sometimes.

--
David
gnome at hawaii.rr.com