[kde-linux] Status of KDE 4.1.2?

Randy Kramer rhkramer at gmail.com
Mon Oct 13 12:20:02 UTC 2008

On Monday 13 October 2008 03:45 am, david wrote:
> Not that I recall. I think 3.3 was my earliest encounter with straight
> KDE. Don't know what version of KDE that my first distro started with
-
> what KDE did CorelLinux use in 1999?

I know that your question was sort of an aside, and maybe somebody with
authoritative knowledge will answer, but I started my serious attempt
at adopting Linux in May of 2000.  I tried a bunch of distros, and,
iirc, Corel Linux was one of those--I wish I could remember for
sure--it was one I had to buy--and, iirc, it was by the (then current?)
sellers of Wordperfect.  (I may even have the old box or disk(s) around
somewhere.)

Anyway, the first Linux that I ran for any length of time was Mandrake
6.2, with KDE, and I'm quite certain that version of KDE was not in the
3.x series.  I think it was in the 2.x series, although there is a
slight chance it was 1.x.

(Aside: my main consideration in choosing KDE instead of GNOME at that
time was that everything in GNOME just seemed harder to actually see,
starting with the little (monkey?) paw.  They might have also used a
light text on dark background color scheme.)

Randy Kramer
--
I didn't have time to write a short letter, so I created a video
instead.--with apologies to Cicero, et.al.