[kde-linux] Status of KDE 4.1.2?

david gnome at hawaii.rr.com
Sat Oct 11 07:09:18 UTC 2008

Stefano Crocco wrote:

>> The new numbering system makes it hard to know when which element quits
>> development state.
>>
>> Thierry
>
> I don't think the numbering system has changed since KDE 3. What created
> confusion, I think, is that KDE 4.0.0 was released with many missing features
> with respect to KDE 3, and with a number of bugs. With KDE 4.1, things have
> improved considerably.

And I still figure it won't be until KDE 4.5 that we have a KDE4 that
offers the full functionality of KDE3. They spent far too much time
playing with the glamorous glitter and eye candy, trying to look pretty
like OS X and its other would-be, Windows Vista.

--
David
gnome at hawaii.rr.com
authenticity, honesty, community