[kde-linux] K3B won't burn right?

Gaffer. derrick_s at tesco.net
Sun Oct 5 18:52:28 UTC 2008

Hi Guys,

I think I may have stumbled across another bug in K3D !

I burnt a data backup to a DVD+R disc for a client last week prior to
a wipe and install of SuSE 11.0.

Unfortunately I forgot to set K3B not to eject the disk before
verifying.  (Liteon DVD Drive)  Anyway the disk checked out just fine
on the machine prior to formating it and doing a new install.

Now the client has reported that the DVD disc wont mount and is not
readable at all in Linux.  In fact Linux claims that the disc is
empty !  I checked this and found that K3B does in fact show that the
disc is used but witeable and that the size of the written part is
zero.  K3B will not write anything further to the disc, claiming IO
error.

The client also says that "Nero" on Win XP reports that the disk is
not closed and that it is a multi session disc.  However "Nero" wont
write anything to it or close the session either.

So I am stuck with what to do in order to close the disc and recover
the data.

--
Best Regards:
             Derrick.