[kde-linux] font problem, german, Kmail

Maximilian B. Rost maxmadmax at web.de
Sun Nov 16 14:37:54 UTC 2008

Am Sonntag, 16. November 2008 schrieb Kevin Krammer:
> On Saturday 15 November 2008, Maximilian B. Rost wrote:
> > KDE 3.5.9
> > Kmail
> > Debian Lenny
> >
> > utf-8 in locale.gen
> > Komposer-font: utf-8
> >
> > Hello,

look here:
> >  sending emails with german ae=À, oe=ö, ue=Ì there are problems with

> > the encoding. They are changed to some other characters.
> > Even mails that went after sending into the SENT-folder have changed
> > german characters.
>
> They appear correct in this mail.
> Maybe the problem is at displaying rather than composing or sending?
>
> Cheers,
> Kevin

Hello, and thank you so far. This is what I found out in between. The mails
leave here and arrive correctly, but when they return, all the characters are
spoiled.
Like this: äöüß are diplayed correctly. But when you send this mail back to
me, there are no more äöüß (as seen above).
Also here: After sending the mail is moved to my sent-folder, where the
characters get lost.

What are your settings in KDE and Kmail and in locale.gen? What happens with
them on the way to your sent-folder?

Regards
Max