[kde-linux] Folders with all capital letters not copied

Bruce Miller bruce at brmiller.ca
Mon Nov 3 01:24:03 UTC 2008

Thanks for the ideas. A couple of issues, however:
1. rsync was designed by the Samba team from the ground up to be a very fast, highly efficient incremental copy tool.
2. it is the vfat aka FAT32 filesystem, designed by Microsoft, which pollutes the attributes, not the copying process. Since I attend a militantly Microsoft-centric institution :-( and am in a field where the best-of-breed software that I have so far discovered is written for Windows :-(, I need to use a filesystem on my pendrive which Microsoft OSs can read. Pendrives typically are sold formatted in FAT32.

 --
Bruce Miller, Ottawa, Ontario, Canada
bruce at brmiller.ca; (613) 745-1151

Maybe we can eventually make language a complete impediment to understanding. - Hobbes the tiger