[kde-linux] Can't change modifier-key mapping in 3.5.9

David J Iannucci xqryvahkzy at punchcutter.ml1.net
Wed May 28 17:12:00 UTC 2008

Folks,

I've just created a new install of KDE 3.5.9 under Gentoo.  One of the
first things I usually do is swap my control and caps-lock keys, because
I like it that way :-)  I found that the keyboard modification part of
the settings app has been changed a bit.  I find it here, of course:

  Settings > Regional & Accessibility > Keyboard Shortcuts >
     Modifier Keys (tab)

However I can't change the X modifier keys mapping.   I've tried double
clicking, right clicking - everything I can think of, but it seems these
settings are locked, somehow.

Can someone tell me what's going on with this, or if I'm barking up
the wrong tree?

Thanks,
Dave