[kde-linux] KDE 4 & Ark

Florian Sievert floriansievert at phobeus.de
Mon May 26 19:22:13 UTC 2008

Hi,

I have a system running with KDE 4.x (trunk) on it. One issue I am
really missing is the context menu entry for "extract here/to" in
dolphin. I was about to start creating some own service menu for it, but
I did notice that Ark does not seems to have options like --extract-to
anymore? I also notice that ark doesn't seems to show the content of a
archiv since a pretty long time. So I am currently start to ask myself,
if this is a problem with my system or if ark is broken (?) for a while now.

Anyone else missing some options or having problems with ark itself?
Does anyone knows anything about the further development on ark?
Currently there is a lot of work done in the trunk and pretty much is
improving more and more, however I guess my ark is broken since pre KDE 4.0.

Best regards,
Florian