[kde-linux] Trouble with Kmail

Sylviane et Perry White spwhite at sunrise.ch
Sun May 18 16:04:29 UTC 2008

On Friday 16 May 2008 14:24, Joaquim BernĂ  i Torres wrote:
> Working with Kmail 1.9.6 on a KDE 3.5.6 environment I can't send but can
> receive mail using the same configuration as usual.
> Appreciate some help.
>
> Now I'm sending this message with Thunderbird :(
This mail only appeared in my mailbox on sunday 18, between 15:30 and 17:30,
your Thunderbird must have a broken wing ;-))

Perhaps someone else in the list has also received your question and is in a
position to answer, but unless there is something special with  Kmail 1.9.6
on a KDE 3.5.6 (I have much older versions) I doubt you've provided us with
enough details.

Questions:
What have changed, is it a new install or it just stopped working?
Have you double (triple) checked the configuration in Kmail, it is very hard
to find your own mistakes?
What happens when you click the "send now" button, any message?
Perhaps try to launch kmail from a shell, it may be more verbose.
Does it always take a long time for your messages to be delivered or is it
your clock?

Good luck		Perry
--
BOFH excuse #427: network down, IP packets delivered via UPS